Hearing loss is typically a slow process, making it easy to disregard the subtle changes in your ability to hear sounds. Although children are regularly tested, most adults don’t even consider scheduling a hearing exam like they would their vision. You wouldn’t disregard a decline in your vision, so why wouldn’t you keep an eye on the health of your hearing?
Here are 6 reasons to have your hearing tested regularly:
- Spotting the Signs: Potential hearing problems can be revealed by day-to-day situations. Do you frequently need people to repeat themselves? Do you have a hard time hearing in loud settings? Are you constantly turning up the volume on your TV? It’s time for you to get a hearing test if you replied yes to most of these questions.
- Following Guidelines: Until you turn 50, you should have a hearing exam every 10 years and every 3 years after that, according to the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association.
- Family History Matters: If other family members have hearing problems, this is an excellent reason to schedule a hearing exam with us.
- Establishing a Baseline: Baseline hearing tests give a frame of reference for future hearing assessment comparisons, permitting you to track changes in your hearing over time.
- Early Diagnosis and Treatment: Routine hearing exams can identify problems early on, such as earwax accumulation or noise-induced hearing loss, allowing for prompt intervention and preventing additional damage.
- Diagnose Medical Conditions: Inherent medical disorders, including kidney disease, cardiovascular disease, or high blood pressure can on occasion be revealed by hearing loss. If you do have one of these conditions, treating it may help your hearing.
Your physical safety, emotional well-being, and social life are some of the far-reaching consequences of neglected hearing loss. Remaining alert to significant sounds of your environment, enjoying social situations, and being able to fully engage in conversations, are all examples of how hearing aids can enhance your overall quality of life.
Don’t miss out on the sound of a loved one’s voice, the laughter of a grandchild, or an important work meeting.
Protect your hearing and keep enjoying the sounds of your life by scheduling a hearing examination with us right away.